Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Weds 31st. Egypt

We've crossed the Med arriving in Alexandria Monday evening. Not much of a trip really - this ship is so big that by the time we had her rear out of Barcelona, her snout was nosing into Alexandria! We have worked our way around most of her, but still stand hesitantly when exiting a lift, unsure of our next turn. Done a lot of reading, listened to several music groups - a very good Barbershop group of four young men, a classic string trio and a very loud song and dance group one evening - if one wasn't deaf before-
hand (and I was wishing I had been) then one certainly was after.

We spent a day in Cairo with the pyramids and the Cairo Museum and King Tut - amazing!

Now we're off to Suez, traveling through the Canal overnight.

The female half has watched Hot Glass
Blowing,( a daily show ) a trip around the main Galley with demonstrations on food artistry, in and out of the gallery shops( all wonderful and tempting )a couple of lectures on Egypt and the Suez Canal. There is plenty to do, never a dull moment and all good.

1 comment:

Beverly Kaye said...

Wow amazing photos. There seems heaps to do on the ship - all in one place - great. I would love to hear more of a written description of the pyramids and your time in Egypt. I would love to visit there one day.