Monday, November 26, 2012

FIFTY!

Fifty years ago we said to each other "We will!" and so we have. Our wedding program had a quote from St Paul. "Heirs together of the grace of God" and so we are. Other couples have been disjointed by adversity, but we have been driven together and have found strength in God's grace.

In his wedding speech, Anne's father boldly spoke about the lion and the lamb lying down together, much to our embarrassment. I didn't know who was meant to be whom! It's been more like two lions trying to get together...

No, I joke - I know who is the lioness.

We spent most of our anniversary day trying to communicate with the family (quite appropriate really), unfortunately without success. We hope you received a birthday message from us Annette as you enter your fiftieth year!

However we did manage a great celebratory dinner at a special restaurant ( The Tuscan Grille) at the stern, overlooking the wonderful lights of Singapore. We were supposed to have left at 6pm but there was trouble over missing passports so we left late evening.

Much love to you all, and especially to our wonderful daughters and grand-children. Thank you for your support!

G'ma & G'pa, Mum & Dad, Anne & Stuart.

Photo. Anne and Stuart.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a beautiful painting. . . .in every way. Well done to .Bev!

Unknown said...

P.S. the two of you have been a massive example to us all! Your loyalty and love for each other is something very special. How I wished I could have been at your wedding! One of my big disappointments in life! However, it was eased by Grace Crawford at Sakeji. . . Who, bless her, arranged a 'wedding party' in her lounge! Where she got all the juice crisps and cakes from I' ll never know, but she made it a very special afternoon for me and we chatted about all the things you all might be doing. How she got permission to do that is amazing! One of God's Angels!
Thank you for all you mean to us xx hug

Unknown said...

As you were passing
Indonesia, you could have given Aileen a wave as she is there just now!

Beverly Kaye said...

Can't believe u r traveling w that pic lol. Hope u got my email. What a great celebration of a wonderful life together. Picture as relevant today as it was when I was 21 (though that is now quite a long time ago - wow it goes fast). Keep cuddling. Keep traveling. Keep enjoying life together. Much love from this daughter.

Beverly Kaye said...

PS just do up the shower and the.'lioness' might become the lamb - but such adversity is what keeps u both ...... Interesting LOL

Annette said...

I love Beverly's comments! Sorry I haven't kept up with this last few days