Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Bali

Our ship was too big to dock in Bali, so we anchored in the bay and were ferried ashore in our lifeboats. I was amused to hear the ever pervasive Muzak even in these boats. Soon they will be equipped with TV and a bar, allowing passengers to gurgle
into the depths watching Oprah, cocktail in one hand, doughnut in the other.

Mentioning lifeboats reminds me of a grievous insult I suffered the other day. During life boat drill, when our group was crammed into a stuffy room, an old lady - at least 60 - offered me her chair! I attend gym hours a week, am careful with my diet, have a No 4 (in places) haircut, my young wife by
my side! Oh the shame! Must have been the champagne I'd had.

Once ashore in Bali, we took a taxi to Kuta the tourist centre of the island, and had a swim at its beautiful beach in luke-warm water. After a bit of shopping and much drinking - water - we decided we had seen enough and
headed back to the ship.

Now we are cruising east towards Darwin and are currently 6hrs ahead of GMT.

Photos.

1. Anne's Bali. Shopping! Note an offering to the gods on the pavement.
2. Stuart's Bali. The beach.
3. Our home.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Every time you write on your blog, it just gets more amazing! You still haven't shown us a pic of your balcony. Every morning I wake up green with envy at the thought of you watching sunrise over the Ocean! Liked the personalised aspects of Bali!
Nice and frosty here with clear skies!
Love as aye. . . . .

Annette said...

Oh that beach! Looks like heaven from where I'm standing!