Relax guys. We are about to exit the Gulf where pirates are said to operate, without seeing a single eye patch! The two launches I mentioned in the last post were in fact bringing us extra
Security people, we found out later.
However we are about to enter the next gulf which has an even greater threat from the country on the eastern shore, less than twenty miles away. This guy is handy with Persian projectiles, having just shot down an American drone flying in international waters near us...
And we are immersed in a very American culture on this ship. Meaning that we are surrounded by well heeled, well girthed, well aged and slow moving bodies, frequently asserting, with every new vista, and in high-heeled nasality, their ownership of the Deity, and constantly exhorting us to HaGD.
On the positive side they are very kind and unfailingly courteous so that we feel much more relaxed than in a similar crowd of Brits who tend to be much more territorial.
Tomorrow we pass through the Straits of Hormuz (I think that's the name) through which passes a large percentage of the world's oil and then we head for Dubai, of which more anon.
Love and greetings to all of you, family and friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
You need to write a post where I am not having to explain to Ana what every second word means! But saying that, you write brilliantly and your words about the Americans had me in stitches! Glad the pirates didn't get you - when I told Ana about them, she said "Is there any treasure on board?". I'm sure she means in addition to her hugely missed grandparents! What an adventure you are having!
My goodness Stuart, have you swallowed a dictionary!!! You have a real gift for writing and should go for it! Love the bits about our 'nasal' friends. Heard a brilliant comedy on the elections! You would have enjoyed it! Sounds like you are having the time of your lives! If either your or Anne's births reach anywhere near your contestants, please send photo!love and happiness to you both Janette xx
Whoops........typo error I meant GIRTH!!!!
I chuckled over "personal ownership of the Deity" and HaGD. Know exactly what you mean :-D
Post a Comment